This is the official website of the Autism Spectrum and Developmental Disabilities special interest group (SIG) of the
|Dear ABCT Members and ASDD SIG members,
The Autism Spectrum and Developmental Disorders (ASDD) SIG is pleased to announce opportunities to submit abstracts that will be considered for TWO exciting opportunities: the annual ABCT SIG poster competition, and the inaugural ASDD SIG Preconference Meeting!
– Submissions accepted as posters will be presented at the SIG Exposition and Opening Cocktail Party on Friday, October 28, 2016.
– Submissions accepted as oral presentations will be presented at the ASDD SIG Preconference Meeting on Thursday, October 27, 2016 (1-5pm). For the preconference, we invite you to submit research-focused AND/OR clinically oriented presentations. This event will include a keynote address from an expert in the ASDD field, multiple oral presentations, a career panel, and networking opportunities, so mark your calendars!
To submit, please email the following information in a Word document to Nicole Capriola (email@example.com) by August 15, 2016:
– Title of presentation
– Authors* and institutional affiliations
– Indicate whether your submission should be considered as a POSTER ONLY or both a POSTER AND ORAL presentation. Note that poster presentations will occur on 10/28, and oral presentations will occur on 10/27.
– Abstract (250 word maximum)
*Please confirm in your email message that the presenter is an ABCT ASDD SIG member (required for submission). It is easy to become a member – simply contact our SIG leaders, Drs. Matthew Lerner (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Connor Kerns (email@example.com) to express interest.
Please do not submit posters that have already been accepted as part of the regular conference. For research submissions, data-based projects are preferred, although we will review submissions with data collection underway. Clinically oriented submissions for the preconference event should focus on topics related to CBT practice with ASDD populations. The goal of the preconference is to allow for a more extended dialogue about relevant ASDD issues – if you have questions or suggestions about the preconference, please contact Cy Nadler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to receiving your submissions!
ASDD SIG Conference Planning Committee