2019 Autism Spectrum and Developmental Disabilities (ASDD) Pre-Conference
ASDD Special Interest Group – Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
Thursday, November 21st
Marcus Autism Center, Bellsouth Room (2nd floor)
1920 Briarcliff Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30329
|1:00-1:20||Welcome from the ASDD SIG and Marcus Autism Center Karen Bearss, ASDD SIG Co-Leader Brenna Maddox, ASDD SIG Co-Leader Ami Klin, Director of Marcus Autism Center|
|1:20-1:50||Atypical Social Communication Leads to Positive First Impressions Among Peers with Autism Spectrum Disorder Jessica Granieri, Stony Brook University|
|1:50-2:40||Overview of Marcus Autism Center Programs and Services Diagnostics – Laura Dilly Early Intervention – Michael Siller Research – Warren Jones Severe Behavior – Joanna Lomas Mevers Feeding – Will Sharp|
|2:40-3:00||Tour of Marcus Autism Center (with one of the above 5 options)|
|3:15-4:15||Keynote Address: It Takes a Village, Patience, Flexibility and Luck: The Evolution of the Facing Your Fears Program Judy Reaven, University of Colorado, JFK Partners|
|4:15-4:45||Lightning Round Brenna Maddox, University of Pennsylvania|
|4:45-5:00||Breakout Group Introductions Hannah Morton, Binghamton University|
|5:00-5:30||Breakout Groups (Stay tuned for more info)|
|6:00-?||SIG Happy Hour at The Painted Pin (https://www.thepaintedpin.com/)|
- Please RSVP by clicking here! Seating is limited.
- This event is FREE for students (undergrad through postdoc) and $25 for professionals (cash or Venmo, payable at the event).
- Lightning round details – anyone who would like to participate will stand and share the following info in 30 seconds or less:
- Who are you?
- Where do you work?
do you do?
- Research interests/approaches
- Clinical focus
- One quick “plug”
- Interesting project on the horizon
- Open training/faculty position
- Upcoming event, publication, or anything else